The Hybrid Rice Development Consortium (HRDC) held the 7th annual meeting on 18-20 March at IRRI Headquarters. Total of 75 participants from the private and public sector members of HRDC participated in the meeting and selection. Participants were welcomed by the new DDG-R, Dr. Matthew Morell.
The highlight of the meeting was the discussion on expectations of HRDC members both from the private and public sector as presented by Dr. Ish Kumar of Rasi Seeds Ltd and Dr. Manuel Regalado of PhilRice, respectively. Other topics presented in the meeting included:
- Rice market research (Alice Laborte)
- IRRI's new inbred breeding program (Bertrand Collard)
- Characterization and mapping of long stigma trait for improvement of outcrossing in rice (Balram Marathi)
- Rice grain chalk research update (Nese Sreenivasulu)
- Marker Lab Service for HRDC members (Michael Thomson)
- HRDC General Report (Charisse Grace Arlegui)
- HRDC MRYT Report and HRDC Research update (Fangming Xie)
Learn more about IRRI (www.irri.org) or follow us on the social media and networks (all links down the right column).