The GRiSP Program Planning and Management Team also participated in the meeting, during which the following issues were raised:
- Differing views on future changes in the rice sector
- Role of mechanization
- Transformation of rice supply chains in Asia
- Changing roles of public and private sectors in responding to farmers’ needs
- How more small farmers can be reached
- GRiSP as a portal and guiding principle for rice R&D
- Emphasis on theme linkages
- Emphasis on partnerships
- Need to review monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework
- Need to review gender strategy
The OC plans to conduct a mid-year virtual meeting to discuss the progress of GRiSP.
The next OC annual meeting will be held in Yaounde, Cameroon, in October 2013, right after the AfricaRice congress.
Learn more about IRRI (www.irri.org) or follow us on the social media and networks (all links down the right column).